Friday, January 13, 2012

Happy Friday the 13th!

I'm not a very superstitious person, but I have a friend who is. And this is a story about her.

I obtained her express permission this morning to post the story on my blog, so I am not violating any codes of friendship.

Anyways, a few years back, Angie was in Germany dealing with some stressful things. I called her and she was venting and at the end of the vent she said "and to top it off tomorrow is Friday the 13th!"

Unlike me, I thought quickly and told her that in Europe, they don't believe in the superstition of Friday the 13th, it's just a USA thing. She believed me, calmed down and all was good. At this point, I am feeling relieved because she is calm, but guilty because I have lied to her and she believes me because she trusts me that much that she doesn't even question me.

Fast forward a few days and she lands back in the states. She calls me to let me know that she has arrived safely. Well, I can barely contain my laughter.

I proceed to tell her that Friday the 13th is a superstition all over, not just a USA belief. If I remember right, she may have cussed at me a bit. But, if she did, I didn't hear it over my laughing.

So, now every Friday the 13th, I call her or text her and ask her if she is leaving the country for the day.

So, Angie - did you go to Canada today? Or are you just in a Canada-state-of-mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment