Saturday, July 12, 2008

just venting

VENT 1
This morning, I'm walking Gemini and Heater. I'm in the common area as Gemini is finishing his business (good boy gemmy) and a neighbor opens her back door and turns out her great dane puppy and stands at the door to watch.
In my mind, I'm already seeing the disaster.

The other dog sniffs and then notices my dogs. I'm already starting to position myself in between the great dane and my dogs. The great dane takes off running in my direction and the lady FINALLY steps out her back door with the lease, nonchalantly calling her dog.

Gemini stiffens up and barks at the great dane. If you have ever been around Gem, he NEVER barks!! This was NOT a play bark, he was PO'd. I move my dogs back and stand in between and start moving my dogs away. She finally gets her dog and walks away.

HEY LADY - THERE ARE LEASH LAWS IN THIS COUNTY!!!! Being a responsible pet owner also involves the people, animals and property in your surroundings!

VENT 2
I'm in the check out line at Petsmart. Luckily the hounds are at home.

A man walks in with his puppy on a leash. The puppy nips my ankle! I turn around and the man is just continuing to walk, dragging the puppy behind him, not paying attention to what his dog is doing.

I sure hope they were there to attend dog training classes.

Thanks for listening to me vent. Sometimes you just got to gt things off your chest! I'm so glad I'm part of the greyhound community. Every greyhound owner I meet is so loving and responsible about their pooch.

2 comments:

  1. Arrrrggghhh! I know what you mean. Can we add flexi leads to the list? And people who think it's so cute that their wittle bitty baby isn't afraid of the big dog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so with you. Just because the little dog isn't afraid, doesn't mean my dog doesn't look and the furry wittle bitty baby and a barking chew toy!!

    ReplyDelete