Saturday, February 18, 2012

Beer Batter Onion Rings

My great-aunt Rene has a recipe for Beer Battered Onion Rings. Dad and I decided to try it yesterday.

We made the batter and let it set overnight. Today, we fried up the onion rings and they were delicious! I couldn't keep up with making the rings as fast as we were eating them in the beginning!

But - I do need to make a point for those of you who share recipes. If you change something in the recipe, update the recipe!!!!

The recipe says let the batter sit for at least 3 hours. Dad pointed out that Rene once said it's best to let it sit overnight.

My mother use to do that! I would make something and it wouldn't be quite right and I would ask her. She would then tell me that she changed something. Oh, yeah, thanks for telling me! I'm using her recipe, written in her handwriting, but it's not right....geez woman!

So, if you change something, let the people know!

Anyways, the onion rings were incredible!

No comments:

Post a Comment