Sunday, March 8, 2009

Catherine the Great

Family rumors swirled around years ago that my great-grandmother had documents that proved somehow my Mother's Father's side of my family could trace our family back to Catherine the Great. My mother and her cousin recently reconnected and the rumor has resurfaced.

I have no idea if it is true of not, but I told my mother that I have always thought I was a Princess. Yes, she laughed, so feel free to do so also.

Anyways, as you may know, in the history of greyhounds, once upon a time, only royalty was allowed to own them. I purchased a book for Mom on Catherine the Great for her birthday and low and behold, there was a reproduction of a portrait of Catherine walking her favorite greyhound!!! (Maybe I was Catherine the Great in a former life LOL)

Some distant cousin is researching the family lineage, but after this tax season, I, too, plan on doing some research. I want to be a princess!!!

Now, I need to get back to finding my tiara.........

No comments:

Post a Comment