Sunday, February 10, 2013

Annual Anti-Valentine's Music

As many of you know, I hate Valentine's Day.  I loath it, I dread the day.  I'm really not bitter, I just have had enough with the crap and just can't stand the day!  So, a few years ago, to ease the pain, for not only myself, but my bestie, Angie, I started to create an annual "Anti-Valentine's Day" cd.  According to tradition, I have once again completed the task.  Here are this year's winners:

1.    The Asshole Song - August Campbell  (I can't fathom why I never included this song in the past!)
2.    Seven Bridges Road - The Eagles
3.    Try - Pink
4.    My Give a Damn is Busted - Joe Diffie
5.    Ballad of Spider John - Jimmy Buffett
6.    Mean Mistreater - Grand Funk Railroad
7.    Bittersweet Memories - Bullet for my Valentine (band name is so appropriate)
8.    It Will Rain - Bruno Mars
9.    Man of Constant Sorrows - Charm City Devils
10.  Get off on the Pain - Gary Allen
11.  Set Fire to the Rain - Adele
12.  Better Dig Two - The Band Perry
13.  Back Stabbers -  The O'Jays
14.  Cryin' Shame - Fundamental Elements
15.  Not Falling Apart - Maroon 5
16.  Kiss This - Aaron Tippin
17.  Missing Your Love - Jonny Lang
18.  Temporary Bliss - The Cab
19.  Brand New Me - Alicia Keys  (Angie - this one is just for you!!!!)
20.  Hell On Heels - Pistol Annies  

Legal Disclaimer - I have not knowingly pirated any of the above songs and I am not selling any of the cd's I burn.  I'm not making a damn dime off of this.  And any other SOPA stuff blah blah blah..personal use only....blah blah blah...not "distributed"...blah blah blah....kiss my...blah blah blah....

Thank you to everyone that contributed to this list.  Sorry to Angie's hubby, I was not able to find his song suggestion on itunes.  Damn itunes!!!!   

Some of the songs may not make sense to everyone, but they do have a meaning or reason for being on the list.  And Angie and I have our reasons.....   

For those of you celebrating Valentine's day, Happy V-day.  For the rest of you, I will be wearing  all black in solidarity with my bestie, and eating gobstopper hearts.



No comments:

Post a Comment